So I haven’t posted in a couple of days… but I have a very good reason! One of my best childhood friends came to visit us and we have embarked on a Scotland adventure of epic proportions. Here is a look at our first few days in the Scottish capital, Edinburgh.
If you plan on traveling to Edinburgh at any time in your life, or just want a peak at all that this beautiful city has to offer, check out my Complete Edinburgh Travel Guide.
For those of you who don’t know, my husband and I currently live in Edinburgh. I originally wrote the Complete Edinburgh Travel Guide as a cheat sheet for our friends and family who would be coming to visit us. Whenever we have visitors, we always follow the itinerary I have included with the guide.
Here are my friend, Dayna’s, top 5 highlights from her first few days in Edinburgh:
- Breakfast at Elephant House, where J.K. Rowling wrote the first few Harry Potter books!
2. Listening to pipers on Princes Street.
3. Meeting William Wallace on the Royal Mile.
4. Hot chocolate floats at Mary’s Milk Bar. Perfect for a rainy, Scottish day!
5. Hiking up Salisbury Crags to get a view of the city.
Today, we took a long train ride to Isle of Skye where we’ll be spending several days taking pictures of breathtaking scenery.